We are the organisation catering for both new and veteran railway modellers working in 4mm scale using a track gauge of 16.5mm – the most common for models of UK prototypes.
Our objectives are:
- To welcome ALL modellers with an interest in OO.
- Have fun with model railways.
- Demonstrate that OO is a viable gauge for serious modellers.
- Promote and advance common standards within OO.
- Liaise with manufacturers to achieve our aims.
- Promote closer ties with all railway modellers.
- Run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
The Double O Gauge Association is an organisation which caters for both new and veteran railway modellers. Naturally we accept that the track gauge of 16.5mm is slightly wrong but it’s here and for UK models, it is the most popular gauge.
As well as our quarterly magazine, joining DOGA gives you access to a member-only, SPAM free e-mail discussion forum. We occasionally publish the results of some of our chats but most of the time you don’t know what fun and assistance you are missing out on until you join…
Where did the strange scale/gauge combination come from ? Why not read the History of OO Gauge and then help us add to it to make it as definitive as possible.
Why should you model in OO gauge? Click here to find out.
Track, wheel and coupling standards
Full information on all our standards can be found here.
Want to meet us? We will be visiting many exhibitions around the UK. Keep up to date with the events.